Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My favorite day of the week.

My favorite week day...Every Wed a group of wonderful friends and I gather at my home to visit, and chat about life and our kids. Everyone brings their kids that are at home, not yet in school. The group has come together because of our adoption support group that was started a little over 2 years ago.

Isn't it wonderful to be able to have a friend or many friends that you can relate to? I am so blessed to be surrounded by other adoptive Mom's that understand what I am talking about when a certain child of mind is acting a particular way, or another than can completely relate when I tell them that we are getting ready for a visit with a birth Mom.

So many times people say they just don't understand how we can possibly have successful open adoptions. If you know and love the Lord how can you not have a successful open adoption!? When I have been at my lowest, the "Chief of all sinners" and God has continued to love me, save me, and give me grace. How could I be so accepting of that grace, but unwilling to pay it forward to others. 

Our situations have been a little different with adoption. Being that all of our children whom we've adopted have come through foster care. Our children's birth Mom's plans were not for adoption in the beginning  But, though loving relationships, trust, and compassion, and most of all grace, we were able to move into a different relationship with each of our children's birth families. Our relationship now is that we ARE family!

So...on Wed I always take a few minute to reflect and pray. I think about where we were, when we first met the birth Mothers of our children, and where we are now. I enjoy talking to my other adoptive Momma friends who completely understand our same journey. And I count my blessings, especially my children!
~Aiden, Arabella ,Scarlet & Soren~

No comments:

Post a Comment