Sunday, January 24, 2016

Raising children is like being pecked to death by ducks.

A couple of years ago my sister in law sent me a little heart shaped plaque, with the saying,  "Raising children is like being pecked to death by a duck". A friend gave it to her, and now that her four children are grown, she said it's my turn to proudly hang it. It hangs in my kitchen, near the sink and makes me smile every morning when I'm prepping breakfast for these little ducks  children.

Don't get me wrong, I love and adore my children. If you've read any of the previous posts you know we've worked hard to get these little blessings, and I couldn't imagine a life without anyone of them in it! However, some days...well you know how it goes.

Most of our brilliant, beautiful and precious children have something that makes them extra unique, and sometimes that unique quality makes them a little extra mischievous. I often refer to Scarlet as my sneaky ninja girl. She is quite talented at being able to destroy a room in 5.4 seconds flat, and no one even notices until it's all done! You don't hear or see ANYTHING, until there is marker on the walls, the chandelier is touching the floor, but still wired into the ceiling, and every dresser drawer has been empties out and strewn across her bedroom floor. Yes this exact scenario has played out before!

I suppose even though sometimes they seem like little seek and destroy missiles, and I joke about not being able to own anything nice, I wouldn't change a thing. I will continue to teach them, to guide them and to help them learn how to become neat and tidy adults (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment